1) When you use your business plan as a tool to keep you inspired and on track, it helps you achieve a laserlike focus.
2) Clearly describing where you want to go and how you intend to get there encourages you to be more realistic.
3) It also assists you to anticipate and avoid problems, or at least be prepared so that you can overcome them, thus minimizing your risks.
4) A financial forecast illustrates exactly what finances are required to launch and maintain a thriving business.
5) Written goals give you solid criteria to evaluate progress.
6) Developing a business plan can help you discover steps vital to your success and happiness that you may have otherwise overlooked.