Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) January 18, 2009 -- Graduates of Atlanta School of Massage (atlantaschoolofmassage.com), taking the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage for the first time, achieved a pass rate more than twenty points higher than the national average.
The 49 grads completed their schooling in Atlanta and took the test during the first six months of 2008. Their average pass rate of 85 percent was significantly higher than the national average of 62 percent, and higher by an even greater margin than the Georgia average of 52 percent.
Atlanta School of Massage officials say the high scores confirm the institution's standing as the premiere school of massage therapy in Georgia.
"We're tremendously proud of our graduates," said President Leticia Allen. "Our school's number-one goal is providing students with a powerful start to their careers -- and high scores on the national exam are exactly that.
"These scores reflect our expert instruction and proven curriculum, by which students gain a full foundation in techniques, scientific knowledge of the body, positive communication skills and a solid understanding of business."
The high scores, said Allen, are enhanced even more by the school's robust post-graduate employment programs, which include strong relationships with more than 1,000 wellness providers as well as state-of-the-art online job boards.
"These students are well on their way to the most fulfilling and best-paying careers in the field," said Allen.
About Atlanta School of Massage:
Atlanta School of Massage, an international leader and pioneering massage therapy school, is celebrating 28 years of preparing students for successful massage therapy careers.
In keeping with its leading-edge tradition, Atlanta School of Massage continues to expand a long history of accomplishments:
- First school of massage therapy in Georgia
- First school of massage therapy in Georgia to be accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT)
- Named an ACCSCT 2004 School of Distinction
- First school of massage therapy in Georgia to be approved by the U.S. Department of Education to offer Title IV funding
- First to partner with Emory University on research into the beneficial effects of neuromuscular therapy on patients with Parkinson's disease
- First school of massage therapy in Georgia to open a skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics.
Atlanta School of Massage is located at 2 Dunwoody Park, Atlanta, Georgia 30338. For more information, call 1-888-276-6277 or visit atlantaschoolofmassage.com. For information on the skin care division, Atlanta Institute of Aesthetics, the premier esthetician school in Georgia, visit atlantainstituteofaesthetics.com.