By now you probably know that training and certification in CranioSacral Therapy is a powerful tool to have at your disposal as a massage therapist. It's yet another service you can offer to help separate yourself from the pack. But how do you let people know you have this skill? How do you promote yourself and your business to a public that might need your services?
Here are a few helpful hints for marketing your CranioSacral Therapy (CST) business.
- Decide who you want to reach. We know CST can help all sorts of people suffering from a range of ailments. Is there any particular group you want to cater to? Maybe you want to exclusively spotlight those with chronic pain issues or children with autism. Decide on a focus and market to that group.
- Take advantage of the resources at your disposal. These days, nearly everyone is online and sites like Twitter and Facebook can be a great way to reach people. Another excellent resource is the International Association of Healthcare Practitioners. Medallion-level members of the association can post a therapist profile on the IAHP website. This profile can include your credentials, education and the types of services you offer-such as CST. In 2011, the IAHP site received more than 2.6 million hits, so this is a great resource for reaching potential clients.
- Stay plugged into your community. Connect with your local chamber of commerce if you haven't already. These organizations can provide great networking opportunities (i.e. opportunities to spread the word about your services). The same goes for local neighborhood associations. And it doesn't hurt to get a reputation as a generous member of the community. See if any of these organizations are involved in community service efforts, such as food drives, and volunteer (if your time and finances allow, that is).
- Don't forget the clients you already have. If clients have expressed satisfactions with your CST services, ask them if they would mind offering testimonials you can use in marketing e-mails or on your website. This can help create great word-of-mouth about your practice. You might also want to consider building an e-mail list of clients, so you can send regular newsletters announcing any new services and promotions.
- Offer special promotions during the month of April, which is CranioSacral Therapy Awareness Month. Upledger Institute International offers a variety of promotional tips through its website, such as hosting an open house with free CST demonstrations. For more suggestions, visit the site at www.upledger.com.
- Create a professional brand. This applies to your entire business, not just your CST services. Create an aura of professionalism in your letterhead and other office materials, as well as your general appearance and your manner on the phone and in person. In the end, it doesn't matter what services you offer if people don't feel you're a competent professional they can trust.