Questions to ask when interviewing MTs in private practice:
- How long have you been in practice?
- What obstacles did you have to overcome?
- What are some of the smartest decisions you made in terms f business success?
- What are some poor decisions or mistakes you made that I should avoid?
- What are the keys to long-term success in this industry?
- At what point in your career did you first feel successful?
- What would you suggest I do while in school to prepare for being in business?
- How much has your business model changed since you first started?
- What advice do you have for me about gaining the best results with a business support group?
If you could do it all over, what would you do differently?
Questions to ask when interviewing spa/clinic therapists/managers:
- In regard to the process of seniority, how did you endure the slow days in the beginning when you were not scheduled for many massages?
- What advice do you have for adjusting to this environment and management (e.g., rules, personalities)?
- What advice do you have for "getting ahead" in a spa/clinic setting?
- What attributes do you look for in a person to work in a spa environment? Are these attributes different from those for a private or contract setting?
- Can you tell me what to expect in a job interview in a spa/clinic setting?
- What is one thing a person can do to ruin an interview (with you)?
- What is one thing a person can do to prevail in an interview (with you)?
- What do you suggest I do while in school to increase my odds of getting hired quickly?